Is there something you’re unsure about? No problem! We might have the answer here in our FAQs.
We understand that signing up somewhere new can be a daunting process, so we want to take out any guesswork at your end. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for here, please feel free to contact us – we’re here to help!
- Why am I being charged extra on the first payment?
We use a billing company called EzyPay. To enable your very first payment to be withdrawn, EzyPay must create a new account for you, this incurs a $5 set up fee.
Your first payment will come out on the next working day, this will be inclusive of any joining fee and pro rata costs.
- Are there any other fees?
Our billing company, EzyPay, charges a $2 billing fee for all direct debit payments. There is also a $39 annual admin fee. The admin fee ensures that your direct debit payments remain at the same price point.
- Is there a cancellation policy?
Yes, Planet Fitness has its own cancellation policy. Please see below:
5i) Once accepted by Planet Fitness this membership CANNOT be cancelled in the agreed membership period. However, Planet Fitness at its sole discretion MAY allow the cancellation of the membership, but only if the following applies:
- i)By reason of lengthy or permanent illness or physical incapacity causing inability to engage in the activity available at Planet Fitness: as verified by a medical practitioner, who is nominated by Planet Fitness, the cost of which must be borne by the member.
- ii)By reason of the relocation of the member’s primary residential address to a distance further than 15 km in radius from Planet Fitness facility. However, if the member already resides more than a 15km radius at the time the membership application is made(and accepted), then the new primary residential address MUST be more than 30km radius from a Planet Fitness facility, in order for a request in cancellation to be considered.
5j) In the event that Planet Fitness agrees to grant membership cancellation, this is subject to payment of a$150.00 cancellation fee accompanied by written notice from the member.
5k) To cancel outside of the contractual period, 30 DAYS WRIITTEN NOTICE is necessary and any membership fees which fall due within the 30 day period MUST ALSO BE PAID.
5l) Planet Fitness does NOT refund any payments by the member, including membership fees; including where applicable the acceptance of membership cancellation, for ANY reason whatsoever.
5m) This membership will NOT be cancelled if the member falls into arrears. Interest may; at the discretion of Planet Fitness; accrue if membership arrears occur.
5n) This membership CANNOT be cancelled by telephone or email. Any request for cancellation by a member MUST be made in writing. ALL payments of arrears (including any accrued interest), and/or cancellation fees: of the like; MUST be paid to Planet Fitness as instructed by Planet Fitness.
- Where can I read the full terms and conditions of my membership?
- What is pro rata?
Your pro rata covers the time from when you sign up with us, to your first direct debit date.
- Is there a minimum age for members?
Planet tries to encourage everyone to be fit and healthy, but unfortunately some age restrictions do apply to minors.
12 – 14 yrs old: Can have a personal membership, but must be under the supervision of an adult or guardian at all times. Supervised Gym floor only. NO GROUP FITNESS CLASSES. NO WEIGHTS/WEIGHT CLASSES AT ALL.
14 – 16 yrs old: Can have a personal membership. Personal training program required. Supervised cardio equipment and toning area ONLY. NO PLATE OR FREE WEIGHTS OR WEIGHT CLASSES.
16 – 18 yrs old: Can have a personal membership. Personal training program required. Cardio equipment, toning area and weight program only as developed by Personal Trainer. ALL GROUP FITNESS CLASSES ALLOWED.
- Can I transfer my membership?
You can transfer your membership to another person, however you will need a transfer note from member A wishing to transfer to Member B. All transfers incur a $35 transfer fee.
Direct Debit: Goes from A to B, B pays the same as A and takes over the remainder of the contract if within contract. Transfer isn’t complete until B completes ALL forms in club.
Paid in Full: Need the note and transfer fee paid by either party. Member B takes up remainder of membership.
- Can I use a timestop on my membership?
Timestop is not included in the first 12 months of your membership. After the first 12 month period, a timestop is available whereby you can apply for a reduced billing rate for an agreed period of time.
- Can I let someone else use my membership card while I'm away?
No, your membership is for your own personal use only.
- What group training classes do you offer?
- I think I might need some guidance, do you offer Personal Training?
- Where can I learn about my home club? E.g. Opening hours.
Still have questions? Shoot us an email!
- Select a home club: